FEEBLY MAGNETIC MATERIALS
Precision measurement of feebly magnetic materials
Austenitic stainless steel | Non-magnetic brass
Laboratorio Elettrofisico Permeameter for feebly magnetic materials: Model PFMM
The Permeameter for feebly magnetic materials (model PFMM) verifies that a non-magnetic material, such as austenitic stainless steel, is actually non-magnetic. The permeameter quantifies the magnetic weakness of the material by measuring its magnetization curve, relative permeability and susceptibility.
When a non-magnetic material is used in an application where interaction with magnetic fields must be very low, the control of its magnetization and permeability is fundamental.
Common application examples:
- Turbo generators
- NMR instrumentation
- Ionic devices
- Electron beam devices
- Precision weights
Questions? Contact the experts at measuring hard magnetic materials.
- Heavy duty cabinet containing the DC power supply and fluxmeter
- Solenoid with positioning tool for samples
- Compensated measuring coil
- PC with dedicated software + printer
- Unrivaled ease of use, our proprietary software provides seamless management of the measuring system.
Measurements are taken in compliance with ASTM 342 and IEC 60404-15 standards.